Great Googly Moogly! Now the boy wants to talk to Bio-Dad

The call has been made. Just waiting for a call back.

I asked, "What do you plan on saying"? "I need to know so I can be prepared for any fallout".
Boy, "Where have you been"? "Why haven't you called"?
Me, "What if he says busy or sick"?
Boy, "Too busy to call for over 10 years"? "Too sick to talk on the phone, but can go to work"?

Is it bad that I was whooping and cheering in my head? Or that I am anxiously, waiting for the call back so I can hear my son give Bio a lecture on being a Dad?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 11:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• The kids are 16 and 14. And I mean this isn't going to end well for Bio. The kids will be fine. They're scary when they get pissed :)

LOL, pretty sure they come by that naturally!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Good for the boychild!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• They're scary when they get pissed :)
    Comment by feralxat (original poster) 5 minutes ago

^^^Gee, wonder where they got that from?! LOL :p
    Teens can be ruthless, so I hope they give him both barrels!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• As a child who didn't have either parent around until after I was an adult. I feel for them you want answers but either way it goes they will need you. I just hope he calls back because unanswered questions are worse than not having answers no matter how bad they may be.

My parents are in my life now and great grandparents. So I think you should also prepare yourself because things may change and he may start coming around. Good luck.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 12:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Out of the mouths of babes! Okay, teenage babes, but still. Dad deserves anything he gets.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I say let the boy have at him. If he's old enough to ask for an explanation, dad better give him one! Just be there (as always) if he needs a shoulder later. GL :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Oh wow, that is going to be interesting. At least you will be there to handle the fallout.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• This isn't going to end well
    Comment by feralxat (original poster) a minute ago

^^^Even tho you know that, you gotta let them go thru with it. How old are they? Who knows, maybe they will guilt him into stepping up & putting in some effort. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2013

• That's the great thing about kids. They eventually grow up and see who the real asshole was all those years!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Ok- got the call back
    Boy asked dad, "When you going to come see me"?

They worked out a plan for 2 weeks from today. I asked the boy, "I thought you were going to say something"?
    He said, "Nope, going to do this face to face".
    He's decided to bring his sister along so she can be in on it.

I guess she's been bugging him to call because Bio gave her the brush off when she called (he kept asking about the boy).
    This isn't going to end well
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2013