how long should you brush a two year olds teeth?

I have an electric tooth brush and on a good day i might get it in her mouth for a minute. I brush her teeth twice a day. But some days i only can get 4 second contact on each section. All surfaces are touch but not long.

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• I saw on a show somewhere (might have been Supernanny?) that you're supposed to brush them for as long as it takes to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star twice. I started doing that, and it actually helps distract them so I can get it done better!
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• For now just be glad you are even able to do that much...LOL

Just keep doing what you are doing until they are ready to brush on their own 2 minutes tops, if they let you if not don't worry too much about it they don't go visit the dentist until 5 years at least they will have almost all their teeth by then.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2009