Feeling Old

My daughter and I are going to a wedding in a little while. It's my cousin, and man, do I feel old. I remember when he was born, and the first time I met him on a trip home from college, and here he is getting married. You know you're getting old when kids you used to baby-sit are saying I do!

So have you had any feeling-your-age moments lately?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 2:07 PM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• This weekend I am going to teach someone, who once lived in my uterus, how to drive :/
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:15 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• This year, there was a student teacher at my school who it turned out, was a former student of mine. Wow, did I feel old. I have colleges how have had the kids of former students.That hasn't happened yet, but it probably will soon.

musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 2:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

*****

I'm doing that now too
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• yup- had mine at zumba this morning. I'm usually fine- but somehow today...I just felt...old!
    I still did both classes though- I think it was because I was sore from pilates Thursday and the 3 zumba classess I did on Wednesday ;)

I feel better now
    * also- my daughter who moved out 2 weeks ago is coming by for a bit- so that's kinda strange
    *****
    enjoy the wedding. It's crazy when people you remember as kids-aren't anymore!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:11 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I have these all the time, but age is a mind set, I get over them quickly! and I am going to be 64 in Sept!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• charlotsomtimes- here's the kicker. i drive a stick. thank goodness i had the clutch replaced about 2 years ago. so hopefully it will survive him

staciandababy- it's not the wrinkles that bother me. its the granny arms. do those exercises NOW before you go to wave at someone and wonder why, after you stop waving, your arms are still moving :/
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:32 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Yep- had mine recently when I plucked my 1st gray eyebrow! Have a great time at the wedding. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I will be 67 next week. So I have experienced quite a lot of these kinds of moments. The grandchildren of some of my best friends are getting married, and some of my best friends are already great grandparents. It's just the way life keeps on cycling!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:45 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• haha yeah, but i figure thats part of life. when my mom gets her bunch of Christmas letters from friends i usually read them. two of the little girls i used to babysit got married last year, that was hard.

oh i also noticed my first age spot yesterday...i think they're also called liver spots? my dad has a lot of them, so maybe its genetics? either way i wasnt happy, but its not super noticeable and getting old is part of life. its all good :)
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I'm younger than Nannyb but already a great grandmother. That does tend to make one feel very old. Not to mention, I can't figure out all these electronic stuff that is obviously easy enough for my 6 yr old grandson to work!!!! I'm educated yet as technology improves it shows me I'm dumber than a stump. That makes me feel very old.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:35 PM on Jun. 29, 2013