2 week trip.

My Husband and I have the opportunity to go on a 2 week trip in late July. It's not a vacation, more like a business trip. Our 2 younger sons can go to their Granny's house. But our oldest (17 yr old) can't because he would have to work. Hubby thinks he would be fine on his own for 2 weeks, but I'm a little apprehensive. It's not set in stone, and Hubby will go no matter if I do or not. He travels for his job, so he's gone a lot, and we thought this would give us a little "us" time....
Just looking for opinions on what you all think, or if you've done anything like that.
Our son is a great kid, and we can have friends check in on him. Thanks for reading!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• so why is this a question?
    hes responsible, 17 and you need the dogs tended to

Go. Enjoy your husband. Dont second guess yourself. You know your teen better than we do. You KNOW whether or not he can handle this.

Who is putting doubts in your head that you asked Us?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• at 18 he is legally able to go out into the big wide world and do whatever he wants
    at this point I would think its more-
    do you trust him to be home alone with all of your stuff
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:28 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• If you trust him & have people to check in on him, then just remind him if he breaks it, he bought it. Then go & have fun w/ hubby :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I wouldn't want to leave him for that long. Would it be possible for Granny to come to your house? Or could son stay with some trusted friends of yours?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:41 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• If you trust him and he isn't a party type...and you have people who can help out or be there if he needs it and to check up on things
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:25 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• He might as well give being an adult a test run, since you trust him to behave. I'd probably do it as long as I could get home quickly if the need came up.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• No, he's not the partying type. I've spoke to him about it, and he said "Mom, I'll be fine, I'm just going to be working"... He will be putting in about 6 days a week at the Vet clinic, doing split shifts. We have someone that would check in on him, so that's not a problem.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• As for our stuff, there's nothing I'm worried about. I keep all our important stuff locked in the filing cabinet, and a safe, so not a big deal. He's not like that anyway. He works a lot, and rides his dirt bike, and that's about it. No dirt bike while we're gone though.. I worry enough when I'm home, and he's riding it...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• We live in MO, and I would be able to get home if I need to. Also my family could be here quickly as well.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• No, Granny can't come here, she also works, and their Aunt would be at her house when she works to watch our 2 younger sons, and they both live about 2 hours away from us. As for him staying with friends, we have 2 dogs at home that would need him there, so he can take them out etc. They aren't tiny dogs, one's 106lbs, and the other is 53, so taking them with us isn't an option...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2013