Breastfeeding and pregnant

Is there any reason I should not be able to continue breastfeeding my son other than when I start to get bigger with this pregnancy it might get harder to navigate around my belly?

smltwnmom

Asked by smltwnmom at 9:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Many moms breastfeed while pregnant and then go on to tandem nurse more than one child, I see no reason at all why you couldnt continue to nurse through your entire pregnancy and then continue with both after the baby is born if that is what you want to do!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 9:57 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No reason at all unless you are high risk, or have medical complications. Some babies naturally wean themselves though, because the milk changes taste but it doesn't happen all the time. :)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• No, unless you have a history of pre-term labor. I'm past 40 weeks and still nursing. We'll be tandem nursing when baby decides to come. The belly also hasn't caused any issues but I'm not huge either.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I was still breastfeeding my daughter when I became pregnant in September. For 2 months I continued to breastfeed her and then weaned, but I didn't stop because I was pregnant, I stopped because she was 2 1/2 yrs old. There is no reason you have to stop, just make sure you are taking your vitamins and getting the proper nutrition for all three of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009