how long does it take to have sex after tubaligation, and how long does it take to recover.

I am scheduled for the tubaligation on the 8th of july. and I have to go on vacation on the 16th of july ,I wanted to know if I will be recovered to go for the vacation by 16th after the tubaligation on 8th.

mommy1980422

Asked by mommy1980422 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• Is it done laparoscopically? I had my gallbladder and appendix both removed that way. The gallbladder surgery was much easier to recovery from than the appendectomy, but even in the worse case scenario, you'll probably be fine to go on vacation. Maybe not to have sex yet. Ask your doctor to explain it all bfore the surgery, and keep using birth control till you are told definitely that you're good to go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:42 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Ask you doctor. When mine was done they recommended no less than a month.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I think you're most likely a dude who wants to know how soon he can bust a nut after his wife's surgery! That was the FIRST line of your question!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:02 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Ask your doctor?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• I was fine after a few days (maybe-3 days or so if I remember right)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Depends how they do it, but either way you should be able to go on vacation. I had mine done at the same time as my C-section so not sure about recovery time. I can't imagine you'd be down long. Your doctor should be able to tell you this.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:04 PM on Jun. 29, 2013