What is up with the thug stuff?

I've been doing some business at the malls lately, not shopping, business. Anyway, I have noticed that so many boys are into dressing like thugs. Then, they have the nerve to stop and ask about a job. Do they seriously think we are going to hire them? Is this becoming the way of the world these days? Why is it? It's very scary to think that these boys are idolizing rap stars and gangster/druggies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think casualwear is ruining our world.. I know it sounds rediculous but just hink about it... what kind of clothesdo people wear when they feel icky and don't wnat to get dressed... jeans and a hoodie ro something that covers tehm up well eventually people start wearing it all the time and low and behold they feel like crap all the time... maybe if people would get dressed and go out instead of only wearing jeans and tees or jeans and hoodies ALL the time maybe everyone wouldn't be so dman depressed and maybe they would be alittle more motivated and likely to get a job.
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 10:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Many have been doing that, I don't think its anything new, but I agree with you on being surprised thinking they're actually going to get hired looking/acting that way??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I totally agree...All I know is that my dh said IF he EVER sees our son with ghetto stuff on he is going to rip his ass apart and not to mention rip those earrings off his ear lobes or now a days anywhere you see an earring..lol

I don't mind so much the look but please PICK THOSE PAN'T UP!!!

and try to be more like yourself....Please kids.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• well why dont you look at the person and talk to them instead of making your decision on their clothing.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• becasue its a business decision shes going to hire someone... DRESS UP for an interview. what would the point of jeansand a t shirt be if your trying to get a job as an assistant or soemthing like whyw oudl you hire someone who can't even dress for success so to speak
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 10:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Society is by nature judgmental and thats not going to change any time soon. That's why when you go on a job interview, you wear dressy clothes and not an outfit you would wear cleaning house. Another thing that bugs me is when girls wear clothes with their stuff all hanging out and then they get mad because people think they're easy. I used to wear sweats everywhere, then I saw some women dressed the same as me and thought to myself "Do I look like that?" Haven't worn them out of the house since!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009