Why is not okay to ask a question more than once on here?

I could see if she has asked the questions back to back, but it has been a few weeks since she asked. No, she shouldn't have lied, but I maybe she thought she could get more answers or someone who has been through her situation before by asking at a different time?

Maybe the question hits too close to home with me since I work at a non-profit that does deal with directing people in need to resources in the community such as rent assistance.

I just don't see the reason on her being criticized for asking a similar question, a few weeks apart. Care to explain?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2013 in About CafeMom

• It's fine,it's the lying factor that gets our dander up

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• it's more the fact that she asked it before, yet when asked flat out if she had she denied it. BUT... it's so obviously her. Kinda negates her credibility...
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• From ToS,  You agree that you will not upload, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:

• that constitute spam (sending the same message multiple times or to multiple people will be treated as spam);

• that is commercial in nature; and

• is, or could be construed as, illegal or construed as being a part of an illegal activit

Pretty sure that includes soliciting for money

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:23 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• KristiS, Care to explain how that is soliciting for money? Not once did she ask for money from people on here.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

1. Don't ask other members for help in the form of money, gifts, or donations.

We appreciate the stress on you and your family resulting from financial pressures, however, it is not acceptable to ask another member for money, goods, or services. Instead, you can suggest that members donate to official charities (like the Red Cross or March of Dimes). We have compiled a list of organizations that provide help for moms in need on the Member 

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Advertising and promotions are only allowed in Journal posts and in groups that allow advertising. You may not PM or Chatterbox your advertisements to other members unless they specifically request information about it.

Advertising includes:

Work-at-home businesses
    Products that you are selling (personal or professional)
    Job opportunities
    Charities and charitable causes
    Promoting another website (personal, non-business websites are not advertising)
    Promoting your entry in a contest (e.g,. "vote for my baby in the cutest baby contest on xyz.com!")
    CafeMom group promotions are not considered advertisements.

Pyramid schemes and cash gifting scams are illegal and posting information about these schemes anywhere on CafeMom is prohibited.

Posts soliciting or advertising the availability of children for adoption are not permitted on CafeMom.
    KristiS11384

• I ask questions that have been asked before all the time! That's not it.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Maybe I missed one of her posts, but she didn't ask for money at all. She stated that she is receiving money from a community organization, but she was asking for advice on eviction. She was in no way asking for money (unless I missed a post).

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Don't know I was just giving info base don what was posted as to why there might have been a problem. I've been gone all weekend so I don't know what this is in regards to. You mentioned "non-profit" so...
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Jun. 29, 2013