Did you ever just want to scream at the world?! Or at least idiots in your neighborhood?! adult content

I put this under holidays b/c of the 4th. I know we're not there yet, but in my neighborhood you'd think we were under attack! I have grown to hate this holiday b/c of all the idiots. It doesn't help that my dog, the one who is very sick, hates it as well. She has always been fearful of T-storms & fireworks. I can only give her 1/2 of her usual dose, b/c she has gotten a bit weaker & the newly developed swelling on her front paw (possibly bone cancer) makes her a bit unsteady. So drugging her will deprive her of her balance. I've been spoiling her w/ plain cheeseburgers from Wendy's & she seems to be doing better than a couple of days ago. Anyway - I just want to scream at the idiots around me to stop the noise. My poor dog needs some peace! Plus I don't want a stray firework catching my house on fire! Ugh- I need a drink!

So to make this a question- is your neighborhood being barraged by drunken idiots w/ explosives & a lighter?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 29, 2013 in Holidays

• I can sympathize. We have a couple here but it is against the law so it usually doesn't last long. Besides that not far is the large fireworks display for the city so it is usually a couple of days before and the couple of days after. Most everyone around here will call the police who are very happy to arrest people if they know exactly where the fireworks are being set off.

Not the most fun thing for the dog, but have you thought about putting cotton balls in her ears?
    ?also do not like the noise or the light so we just keep them inside and they hide under a blanket between DH and I.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:52 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Mine are special and can be as loud as they want to. They are the only people who matter to themselves.

Yes I know the feeling.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Yup, here too. I got home from work at while ago to a crazy dog! I already gave him Benadryl.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:03 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Benadryl! Brilliant! I will have to dose my poor pooch up mid week. Things won't kick off till Monday or Tuesday here. lol. I live in a heavily wooded area, thankfully it's been really wet here lately. Maybe the idiots won't catch us on fire!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 11:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• Last year,i caught my neighbors setting off one of those fountains about 5 feet behind my car! When I yelled at them to have the sense to do it somewhere safe,they got pissed. Our old neighbors used to set them off for a week before to a week after the 4th,most of the time til 1 or 2 am

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:13 PM on Jun. 29, 2013

• No not yet. So far we have good neighbors.

Answer by louise2 at 7:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Some dumbfuck kid set a field behind our complex on fire on Thursday. With a lighter. In 90 degree dry heat with 10mph winds. Not sure if it was entirely intentional or if he was just trying to show off but still. We had someone setting off bottle rocket fireworks about a week ago but that's been it. I've loved living in the country so far but damn these kids need something to do!!!! Wish I was out on some bigger land.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• It's begun, but the war hasn't reached full force. We've had so many wildfires that the cops are really putting the squash on home pyro activities this year. I hate fireworks. Despise them. My uncle set one off under a chair I was sitting in once, and it scared the ldaylights out of me. My dog hates them, too, so we've spent the last few years huddled up indoors. I also hate fireworks because there's at least one kid every year, usually more, blinded because he wasn't being supervised and he picked up a dud and had it go off in his face. I say he because the vast majority of the cases are preteen boys and young teenagers. What a waste!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:04 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Yes! I hate that shit! It make me CRAZY!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• In my neighborhood, the fireworks start about a month before the 4th and last for at least a week after. I live on a quiet street so as soon as it starts getting dark, someone will put the fireworks in the street and start lighting them off. The night the city does the display is worse. That morning ppl start lighting them off and then for at least an hr after the show is done, ppl are lighting them.

I'm glad I won't be in town this yr on the 4th. My SO's city is a lot better about fireworks and he has good neighbors.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 9:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2013