Sunburn while pregnant!! what to use and not to use?

I got terribly sunburned on my shoulders and chest and have been using aloe lotion, dermoplast, and used solarcaine once. I also take Tylenol like 3 times a day...

I'm in terrible pain and now am itching. I just now looked on Google to find something good bit safe while pregnant and seen that some stuff wasn't safe to use!! I'm so scared that I may have used the wrong thing. I'm 19 weeks pregnant.

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 1:38 AM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Put some vinegar in a clean spray bottle and spritz it on the burn. You'll smell like a pickle, but it's safe and the vinegar will take the fire and itch right out of the burn. You can even leave the bottle in the fridge so the vinegar goes on cold.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:46 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Worry will not change that you used some stuff that wasn't recommended. Worry is not good for you or the baby. Use aloe and or plain white vinegar. A skin lotion may help ease the itching.
    GL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:54 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I am a redhead and burn super easily.... I agree 100 percent with Ballad. White vinegar in a spray bottle. You can also dab it on with a soft cloth.

Other than that there isn't much to do but wait until it heals and put sunscreen on next time.

I would also call your doctor just to be safe and put your mind at ease.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:57 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Aloe vera
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Aloe Vera gel. I have never heard of using vinegar, but don't doubt it could be effective.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2013