Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am a single mom my son also has autism im taking his father to court for child support am i wrong he never helped at all

And he has a nasty attitude and a girlfriend who harrasses me

Answer Question

Asked by lovingmybaby624 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 3 (18 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Of course he should pay child support, it's his child. My ex has very little to do with our children, but I went to a lawyer and made sure he pays child support. He also is responsiblefor their medical insurance. which costs him nothing because he has other kids from the new wifey, so adding more kids doesn't cost him a dime.  He is also supposed to pay for half of all medical costs that aren't covered, but he doesn't.  I found that unless he is forced to pay for anything, he won't. I am paying almost all college costs, I pay all dental costs, I paid for their cars, I pay insurance. All I get from him is child support, and it's not very much. And I'm lucky to get that. There are a lot of Moms who are owed thousands. My son also has autism, and there were thousands of dollars in counseling, and he refused to pay for any of it.


    Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

  • He helped make the kid, he should pay. End of story. Go to court and make sure it happens.

    Answer by Ballad at 3:28 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

  • You make a baby, you pay for the baby. HE is the one who is wrong.

    Answer by gdiamante at 4:06 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

  • Yes, of course you should take him to court for CS. Besides doing this, stop communicating with him unless it is about your child - make him do it in writing and not over the phone or even better get all communication to go through your lawyer. About the gf ... I don't know how she's harassing you but document everything, keep a copy of everything you can so you can get a restraining order if necessary.

    Answer by goldpandora at 4:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

  • You play - you pay. Even if he's not there to parent, his money should be there to help in raising him. Kids are expensive. And a child with special needs will require more. Hopefully you can get some help thru your county agency to help your child get the services he needs. GL


    Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

  • I called legal aide an they say im they can advise me but not go to the hearings which is ridiculous no girlfriend says time with him shouldbe enough he gets my son maybe once a year if that she threatens to fight me at next hearing as much as i would love to bust her butt i have a son to be here for not jail for assault . Dont no there address so can i still get an order. I got arrested for fightimg before thank god the case got dismissed long story but 30 days in jail would scare anyone that exprience was horrible.

    Comment by lovingmybaby624 (original poster) at 1:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

  • Of course you aren't wrong. Get a restraining order against that Bitch gf while your at it if you can.

    Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.