Do babies die of SIDS during sleep on their back?

My baby had acid reflux, and would sometimes choke. I put her to sleep on her stomach to avoid any choking and she died. I want to know if it is still possible that she may have died on her back as well.

jessicalyssy

Asked by jessicalyssy at 7:33 AM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it's 100% possible. Sorry for your loss
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:07 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• im sorryI'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't even imagine it.  I've known 2 babies now who have died from SIDS.  They can still pass from it if they are backsleepers too.  It's not your fault.  Please look into a SIDS support group in your area.  GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:39 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:37 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, a baby can still die of SIDS on her back. My aunt's younger sister had a baby girl who died in her sleep on her back at three weeks old.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• yes, it's very possible. I'm so sorry for your loss. that isn't something easy to go through. I was always scared of my son dying when I heard stories.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:12 PM on Jul. 31, 2013