What is so wrong about same sex marriage?

That makes opponents go back and ask for a rehearing at the Supreme Court, why can't those religious people apply their theories to only themselves? why does the whole world have to adhere to those theories?

Asked by older at 8:30 AM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • apparently the concept of 'live and let live' is lost on them. apparently they misread the message of spreading love and peace like their deity wanted. apparently their marriages are so weak that they crumble to pieces when gay people get married.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I have a question!!

If our government is supposed to operate separate from the state... and the opponents only real argument is based on religious bearings... doesn't that make their argument invalid within a court system? Would it not be contradictory of separation of church and state for the courts to deem same sex marriage illegal based on a religious argument alone?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:00 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Don't you understand? They're at war. If they stop fighting that means they lose. And that's all they really care about.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:15 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• But... the bible! And... Jesus! And... America!
    There is NO reason, legal or otherwise, that same sex marriage would be wrong. It icks them out, and that's the end of it. Because we can't be basing our laws on religion - Christianity or any of the countless other religions - I don't understand why these people keep being heard.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• The same thing that's wrong with innerracial marriage... Nothing other than bigots trying to control what hey feel is not right. Hopefully with the next generation same sex marriage won't be something that's long down upon. I know we will always have bigots but as time goes on the fewer their will be. Love is love and everyone should be free to marry whom ever they want.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Oh my good god, what in the fuck did I just read, and why did I just expose myself to so much stupidity?! My brain, it hurts from all that ignorance it just absorbed!

Ptomom, the amount of stupid you type in any given post never ceases to amaze me. You are the fucking craziest goddamed bitch I've ever encountered... and I used to work on the psych floor at a hospital! Jesus fucking christ you are just so... there are no words to describe your level of insanity.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:03 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• "They're at war. If they stop fighting that means they lose. And that's all they really care about. "

I wonder how much of it is even about same sex marriage anymore, and how much is just about being 'right' and about winning. It's really such a childish mentality either way.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• there are no words to describe your level of insanity.

Under-medicated comes to mind.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• It's sad that any time I see a question has shot up by 20 or 30 answers since I was last on, I automatically know that it's back.

Lol was thinking the same thing... I can't even read her BS answers anymore.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 10:10 AM on Jul. 1, 2013