Choices...

If being Gay is a choice then so is being straight, right? So, did you choose to be straight? Or were you born that way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• People are born to be suited to a specific gender. You do not choose.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I didnt choose to be straight because that is what nature intended. Men and women, not men and men or women and women
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I agree totally with the previous 2 posts!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve. We were created to go with the opposite sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I am bisexual... I was born this way. I do not make a choice to enjoy women. I do however make a choice not to cheat on my husband. I have loved men and women alike and the one that won my devotion happened to be a man.

I feel that many times when people hear the words "gay," lesbian," and "bisexual" people automatically think sexually loose... Like we all make porn or something...

The choice is really a very simple one... You can choose to be who and what you are or you can choose to live in denial... If living in denial means not being yourself and not being happy... Why do it? Just to make others happy? What's the point? Who cares if they are happy if you can't look in a mirror... To me it's no choice at all...

Be what you were born to be!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:13 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If you go with the logic that "nature intended" us to be straight and therefor we are then you need to ask yourself why are there many other animals that mate same sex? Did nature intend that? After all anamals are simply acting on their natural instincts... Yet dolphins, monkeys and many others are known for not only mating same sex but mating for life with animals of the same sex... If that is what "nature intended" for them why isn't it for us?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:17 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I hate it when people say "it's what nature intended. I don't think nature "intends" anything. It just happens. Some people are born blind, deaf, down syndrome, straight, gay, with one arm, etc. etc. etc.... My neighbors first born daughter was born with her heart valves in the wrong places. She has had 10 surgeries so far and she's 2 years old. Did nature "intend" for that to happen? No, it just happened. And if nature "intended" sex to be man with woman only, somebody better go tell the animal kingdom to stop all that blasphemous sex they are having with eachother. We should be like the animal kingdom, they don't care who they are doing it with, it just feels good!! And there are plenty of people (and animals) procreating as it is. The world is already overpopulated and so many kids need a home, who cares who someone has sex with?
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:19 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• People are born either heterosexual or homosexual. It's probably a combination of genes. Anyone who thinks being gay is a choice is well I'll be blunt a jackass. The fact is there are gay animals, which if you think humans have higher order thinking and animals do not makes the question of sexuality a biological one.
    centralct420

Answer by centralct420 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Everyone who acts straight chooses to act that way. You do not just get with a person no matter what sex they are, you CHOSE to be with them (except of course in something like rape where you are forced into a certain behavior)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think it is hilarious that people believe we ALL came from Adam and Eve. I mean think about it. If they were the only ones, then we are ALL related and having sex with relatives. Right? I went to 12 years of catholic school and I always wondered about that.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:22 AM on Feb. 18, 2009