Has your Mother ever forgotten your Birthday?

OK, I'm not a kid but maybe my Mom could have the common courtesy to remember her own kids Birthday. Talk about sucky! :P
BTW, I spoke to my Sister & she & my Mom went for hair, nails & out to dinner yesterday!???!
No call to me!

1) Have you ever forgotten your Child's Birthday?

2) Has your Mom ever forgotten yours?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 8:55 AM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• No, my mom has never forgotten my birthday as I was her "late birthday present" (born 5 days after her bday) Now my dad on the other hand has forgotten my birthday before.

birthday sweetpeaparty happy birthdayblowing candles

I'm sorry your mom forgot your birthday!

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:53 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Wow- so sorry. That sucks. No my mom never forgets & if she's able to, she will either call or text me at the time of my birth minute :)
    Hope you still had a good day tho :) What did you do? Did your kids make you something?
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I have never forgotten my children's birthdays. I always make a huge deal of it from the time they get up until they go to bed.

My mother forgot mine a few times. This year all she did was post "Happy Birthday" on my fb. My SO's mom and my grandfather were the only ones I got cards from this year. SO took me out for dinner and did an oil change on my car.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 12:01 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Birthdays were tough for me when I actually expected it to be a big deal. LOL. Now I just assume nothing and am usually pleasantly surprised.
    My mom has never forgotten my birthday, but DH got confused on the what day of the week it was and blew it once. 13yo DD decided to have a major melt down on my bd last year. Whatever, mother's day is usually more fun because the media spends the month before reinforcing how important is is to be nice that day.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:01 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• 1. I would never forget my children's birthdays.
    2. I have no idea if she ever thinks of me. I haven't had any contact with her in 7 years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:53 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I am so sorry that happened to you :( omg....

My Mom has never forgotten mine, ever. When I was 15th though she tossed $10 at me and said bake your own f-ing cake, which I did. I walked to the store bought stuff and baked it and cried (ALOT) we were on baaaaaad terms. The next year, though, I got a puppy and her blessing to leave school to get my GED and start college. Now we're super close and my birthdays are more meaningful, she makes sure it's *ME* stuff and not for my hubby and kids

as for my own kids I begin preparing and saving months before hand.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

• My mom has forgotten my birthday sometimes, but I never forget my grown kid's birthdays, we have a simple little birthday party for them still every year with pizza or cookout and cake and icecream, plus I give them $40.-$50, cash.
    borichfan

Answer by borichfan at 12:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I wouldn't forget my daughter's birthday, or the birthdays of my two stepkids, unless I was in a coma.

My mom never exactly forgot my birthday, but she bitched and moaned every year about how hard on her it was to give birth to a premature baby and go through the trauma and stress of the following few months. When I turned eighteen, which is supposed to be a big deal, she stuck a lit candle in the straw hole of a shake from Dairy Queen. I wasn't impressed, so I told her if that was the best she could do, she might as well not bother. She's sent cards since then--even now that we are estranged, she still sends cards and sometimes a Target gift card although I'd rather she didn't.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:32 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• My children's BD are engraved in my brain, others not so much..but my mom has, once but this was after her memory started to flake, at 94!

Answer by older at 8:58 AM on Jun. 30, 2013

•  Aww- you need a girls' night out!  That'll help you enjoy your B-day :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 30, 2013