Do you ever say something dumb and don't know WHY you said it?

Knowing damn well my dh is very jealous I don't know why I told him some young guy was checking me out even though I am in my late 40's but TRY to keep myself up nothing too revealing or too granny looking either. OMG! He was pissed at first I did not think nothing of it bc it was really no big deal and I just wanted to talk (babbling like he puts it at times) well we were walking out the door to good do our daily 2-3 mile walk when he starts talking shit to me about what I said I was like I don't know why I told you that :( he says well anything that has to do with another man I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW!!!!
Yeah it was a sad day for me he made me feel like I had done something wrong....:(
He is one of those men that are very good as far as paying bills & working hard and all the good stuff but there's always a flaw :(
We made up but I still hurt inside bc of the way he is :(
Venting....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• He sounds very insecure to me. His problem not yours.
    It's good to keep your man on his toes!

Yes, I'm always saying dumb stuff! Open mouth, insert foot describes me to a tee! LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I am a highly stressed and anxious person so I typically run scenarios in my head of what to say. Not much opportunity for oops to pop out

but i know what you mean and try to see the good side of it.... you know you're loved and wanted! :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:39 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• My DH is not the jealous type at all. He'd laugh about it or not even hear it if I told him. Maybe your DH is just insecure about something personal?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:53 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Of course I've put my foot in my mouth... a great many times, frankly. Talking a lot makes it inevitable that sometimes it will be the wrong thing to say.

Jealousy is a personal problem, not yours --his. If he thinks he can eradicate 49% of the population because all he can think of is infidelity, he's hallucinating. He needs to learn to trust people, you do not need to change any part of your behaviour.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Depends on who you ask! lol :p If you talk to my kids, then yes, I do that daily! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• What caught my eye was the "babbling." Is he trying to tell you that you talk too much? And just to be the devil's advocate, is it possible he's right on that score?

Some of us like to take long walks in quiet. I don't know if that applies for him. I do know talking just to break the silence bugs me.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I've tasted my toes many times. But jealousy is poison, and you aren't the one who threw that out there.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Oh yes!
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• He does sound insecure, and watch out my Ex Husband was that way too. And, now that i'm not with him I realized that I had a bigger world out there then what he had to offer. But, on a side note yes I've said things some dumb things, things I wish I didn't say, and that I would of said. Part of life I guess! But, some things that I ended up saying I realized I said them for a reason and that's how I was truly feeling.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:57 AM on Jul. 1, 2013