Taking Macrobid while pregnant.

Hi i am 20 weeks pregnant and I have a bladder infection and i have to take this medicine twice a day. Well i just started this medicine yesterday i took it without any problems. Today i go to take it and i ate something before i took it and gagged it while trying to take it.. So i threw it away and took another one. Was that safe to do should i go to the ER? Because i didn't swallow it and took another one was that safe? My baby kicks non stop after i take this medicine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• call the drug store you filled them at and ask to speak w/ the pharmacist ... not ER worthy i.m.o

Macrobid is fine for preggo but not the last couple weeks before delivery i think. risks outweigh benefits you dont want a worse infection, fever, etc etc. feel better!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. It must not be used if you are near the end of your pregnancy (38-42 weeks), or at the time of labor and delivery. Doing so may cause a certain blood disorder (hemolytic anemia) in your baby. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.

Anonymous

• It's ok to take.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I am only 20 weeks and she is hyper once i take it lol. Always kicking more :-) I know she is fine and i am fine i just was worried because i threw it up and then took another one. I hate these pills but i rather take them then something worse happen. Doing it all for my baby girl <3
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Since you threw it back up it didn't get a chance to open and dissolve. You'll be fine. Try taking them before you eat . I find drinking the water with a straw helps it go down a little easier.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2013