Anyone ever have the u/s tech tell you the wrong gender?

I'm asking because I went for a 16 week u/s to try to find out the sex and the baby kept crossing her legs and the tech was having a really hard time getting a good shot of her "goods" well eventually she got some shots that she felt were good enough but I talked to a few people and they were like are you SURE the baby is a girl? What if she was wrong and they got me all paranoid...lol So first, have you ever had an experience with the tech telling you the wrong gender? Second, I'm posting a pic...this is definitely a girl, right? :P

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I don't see a "hot dog"....
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I never had an Ultrasound Tech tell me the sex because at my OBGYN they aren't allowed. The Dr. gets the results & tells the Patients.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Hard to tell but yes they have been wrong. My SIL was told a girl and she had a boy. Earlier than 20 weeks can go either way even though some have been right on.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 1:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• No. I had an ultrasound tech tell me she would repaint my nursery if she was wrong. I was having weekly ultrasounds and asking her every single week if his penis was still there, LOL!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:29 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Yes, I was told my second was a girl! Not once, but twice!

My Stephanie turned into Steven the morning he was born, lol
    DH had to run to the mall and buy something blue because he didn't want his little guy wearing pink.
    The babies nursery was ALL pink and lavender, lol
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:31 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• that's a girl. i have 3 of them and thats what they look like in utero.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Yep. Thing was, I was farther along, legs were wide open, and DH and I saw it wrong too.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Yes, that is a Girl.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I've seen errors many times. And I can't tell a darned thing from an ultrasound pic. I got my gender announcement via the amniocentesis.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Well, what the doc said to me was, "I'm ninety percent sure it's a girl, but don't paint your nursery." As long as you get a healthy baby, that's what matters.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:51 PM on Jun. 30, 2013