I guess, if true, that is a good point?

ill admit i havent been following the paula deen story closely. just enough to know that she was asked if she ever said the N word, and admitted that she did in the 60's, and some people are outraged over it. i also know she was fired, but her confession wasn't the sole reason.

so- if walmart & target really did stop selling Paula Deen products over the offensive language alone, then they are spreading a message that they disagree with that kind of language, yes? then they shouldn't sell anything conducive to the N word or other racist remarks?

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• They dropped her because she's a sinking ship. If she'd simply said, "yes, I said it, and I shouldn't have, and I'm sorry" it would've blown over by now. She keeps making excuses.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:14 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Maybe, but it's not as if Paula Deen is the only person they carry merchandise for in their stores that hasn't done something publicly outrageous.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• has*
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Well, what else to they sell that is in any way related to the offensive word in question? Maybe I'm oblivious, but when I go to Wal-Mart, I'm mostly just focused on getting out of there with a load of groceries for a price that isn't going to bankrupt me and keeping my five-year-old from wanting everything she sees.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:44 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Ballad- they sell albums by artists that use that word every 2-3 words in their songs. they sell movies that use that word.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• There is another flaw with that logic I'd completely forgotten. Walmart censors their CD's for sale. It's why a lot of artists won't let them sell their music at all.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:07 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Do they? I thought they sold both the explicit version and the censored versions.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• yeah- they do censor. Pink is pretty nasty in some of her songs. But you only get the sanitized version at wal- mart
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Black people CAN'T be racist, only the white people from the South are. (I am being sarcastic, obviously)
    Anonymous

• Ha ha, as if.

Some days, I'm convinced they are looking for excuses to drop sponsorship deals...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2013