A local Fortune Teller was arrested for scamming a customer....Seriously??

From my local News:

Fortune teller is facing charges after she allegedly scammed a customer.
...allegedly told her victim she was cursed and would need to pay her to have the curse lifted. Police say she told the victim not to tell anyone what happened, or the curse would return.

The victim paid her $4,900. She was arrested and now faces grand larceny charges.

This cracks me up....what are your thoughts on this? Who is wrong here? So Fortune tellers in general never lie? Just this one? Seriously??

Do you believe what Fortune Tellers tell you (if you have had your fortune ever read of course)?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 4:38 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Entertainment

• The victim paid her $4,900
    more commonly referred to as an idiot tax
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:40 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to fall for that, then you deserve to be out that money.

She must have eventually realized she was being scammed. I'd like to know why she didn't realize it when it was happening.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:49 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Some people have more money than brains. *Eye roll.*
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:21 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• People make decent money scamming. ; -)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• How does she know that she wasn't cursed? I mean seriously, maybe the curse was in fact lifted, just like she paid to have it lifted and therefore there was no more curse. So, how can they prove that there was or was not a curse? If you go to the one who supposedly put the curse on her do you think they would admit to it? Unless the fortune teller admitted that yes she was scamming her, then she deserves to go to jail lol. But proving or disproving a curse is a little difficult seeing as you can't have any tangible proof of whether or not it exists, and if you say that it doesn't when someone else says that it does then it's a point of view and belief. I think curses are suggestive anyway, if I wanted to curse someone, I would plant the suggestion in their head that they had been cursed and let the power of their imagination take it from there. Its more or less Psychosomatic anyway.
    AnonNdrag

Answer by AnonNdrag at 7:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• IMO anyone who would believe a fortune teller/medium/ televangelist,  is gullible, and easily manipulated. It's like a disability. I don't think they can help it. It's a shame some people don't posses the moral compass to not take advantage of those people.

Anonymous

• The customer is an idiot!
    She paid the money and unless she had a mental disability or she was an elder, she wasn't't scammed.
    I don't have empathy for people when they go along with this, their fault not the Fortune Teller!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I think the fortune teller is awful, but the customer holds some responsibility.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Some people do. Some people are just that desperate. They are like the ones who will try some weird miracle cure and will pay a fortune for nothing or even be poisoned.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I think there's a difference between telling a person a phony "fortune" (as they always do) and telling a person they have a curse and then charging them more money to have it lifted.
    I also think that being gullible isn't a crime, but scamming is. So the one at fault is the scammer whether or not the gullible person was asking for it.
    And I don't believe in fortune tellers or psychics.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:23 AM on Jul. 5, 2013