Tips for keeping a 7 month old cool in 90 degree weather?

I have her in a diaper with a ruffle butt cover. ( Google it they are cute!)

Not napping well because of the heat. Poor baby!

Also she is breastfed with a little bit of solids each day. 2 or 3 teaspoons.

Think she needs a sip of water?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A/c
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• An air conditioned store maybe. Thanks.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• A sip or two wouldn't hurt, I guess, but breastmilk should be fine. I'd just wipe her face and body with a cool damp cloth every now and then, and maybe put a fan near her crib to circulate the air.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• They don't have cooling stations in your town? Take her to a splash pad, library.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 6:17 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Or put her in a cool bath.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I am guessing you do not have AC? A fan will work.

Answer by louise2 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• When my babies were little and it was hot, I put them in cloth onesies, then sprayed them with a spray bottle with just water. During the day, I would place them in the middle of the kitchen floor in a clean dish tub (it was bought solely for the purpose of my children playing with it) with cool water. They loved splashing in the water and it kept them cool. We also went to the stores and spent more time in the a/c. Or went to a friend's house that had a/c.

I've recently learned that if it is cool at night, you can use a box fan to suck in the cool air, then close the windows and trap the cool air inside. You can also keep a room fairly cool with a box fan (which aren't too expensive). Just make sure to keep the fan out of reach.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 6:24 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• Not sure what a splash pad is. Baby is 7m and doesn't sit up by herself yet. I have a fan running :) and no totally don't have ac. It gets hot here like 4 weeks Max out of the year.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 6:26 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I would let her do some water play in the bath tub. Wet and freeze a few wash cloths to play with. Sounds batty but putting tin foil over the windows (once it is cooler in the house- like at night) will help keep the house from heating up so bad during the day by reflecting the light away. Also look up how to make a Swamp cooler. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:43 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• also- this thing with some refrigerated fruit in it might be refreshing.  Watermelon, catuloup, soft pear, ect...  http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Pack-Fresh-Feeder-Colors/dp/B000GK5XY2

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2013