Which would be situation would YOU rather be in?

Try for a moment to put aside your current situation; be it married divorce, single, whatever. But hold on to the fact that you have a child (or children), still hold on to the feelings you have as a mommy.
Now which situation would be YOU rather be in, if you had a choice; to never be married and have the father leave after the birth or to be married then suddenly served divorce papers after the baby is born??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Divorce papers because like my hubby says: "We have three kids....if I ever left you would OWN my ass."
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• They both suck....Are you planning to do this either way your child will be without a father :(

Why don't you just wait and see what happens it takes two to raise a child. If you want to raise your child alone then go with question #1.

If you are not married then less paper work and less of a headache. Do the right thing girl.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Married when I have a child is the only option for me.
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 10:21 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have always put my childrens feelings first,so this is a hard question,but if he left,and was not going to be a part of their life,then I would rather ,him leave when they were born.But if he is a good father ,then I guess I feel,they should have their father in their life,I would have to put my feelings aside for them.Then I guess divorce papers. I probably did'nt answer,but I dne my best. Good Luck to you,if you are in this situation.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If he is going to leave either way, I wouldn't want to be married. It's just more of a headache to go through a divorce when you have a baby especially.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Married....cause like the first person who responded, I'd own his ass.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Never been married and the father leave after the birth.. Your already single, so you don't have to deal with a divorce.  I was in that positions when my oldest DD was a baby.

Answer by louise2 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I've been in the 1st situation. Took care of my son for the first two years with the help of my family. Met my Husband and married him after 8 years. Our daughter just turned 7 yesterday. Two kids I would rather be seved the divorced papers this way as Slinkee said I would own his a$#
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think when it all boils down to it I rather have never been married and had the father leave shortly after the birth.
    it is less complicated and you get physical custody automatically. If wants part of the kids life he is going to have to prove it and take me to court.
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 10:53 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Id rather be single in this scenerio and I would also add I wouldnt put the fathers name on the birth certificate either. Id do it on my own and not ask for child support and in exchange he leaves me and my child alone.

Answer by gemgem at 10:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009