Cervical Cancer adult content

I just got a prognosis of Cervical Cancer, Dr went into do a leep/biopsy and only did the biopsy. Said the tissue was necrotic. Apparently its been a long time coming, my clean pap's were a lie. The dying tissue masked the cancer? I dont know if thats true...but I know it normally takes 10 years for this type of cancer to become bad. Why weren't any of my other doc's able to see this? Why did my Dr see such a difference in a month? May 14th he saw condyloma Friday he saw dead tissue. I dont understand. I want(ed) more kids. I dont want a hysterectomy even if I didnt want kids. I guess we'll be discussing chemo and rad. with my onco. Anybody else go through this?

SillyMomma

Asked by SillyMomma at 9:00 PM on Jun. 30, 2013 in Health

• Wow! I haven't gone through that. I'm so sorry. Best of luck with your treatment.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:13 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I had cervical cancer but the diagnosis was nothing like what you're describing. Do you have an annual pap? Have they staged your cancer?

I'd suggest a second opinion. I just find it odd that, if you have had regular paps, nothing was discovered.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2013

• I agree with Mrs_Prissy. Sounds like something else is going on. I would get a second opinion. Good luck.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:20 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Those sound like good questions for your oncologist. My girlfriends sister had cervical cancer that was missed at 2 pap tests. Once it was Dx, it was stage 4 and too late.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Maybe you can save some eggs before having radiation?
    whoodathunk

Answer by whoodathunk at 11:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

• Gyn oncologist said she saw why my normal gyn was concerned, but very much thinks from the very small biopsy done originally it looks more "strongly precancerous" than cancer itself. I'm going back under the knife for a larger biopsy and LEEP to get out these bad spots. The amount she'll have to fry off may leave me with a weak cervix, but at least my fertility will stay intact and I will just be higher risk when I do eventually get pregnant.
    SillyMomma

Comment by SillyMomma (original poster) at 12:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2013