Stress test?

I have an apt on the 25th but asked them if i could schedule a sooner apt because of how i have been feeling & told her im 33 weeks. She put me on hold and said to come in this morning for a stress test ....

My doc wants me to come in this morning to do a stress test....
What is it?...

kwiseman19

Asked by kwiseman19 at 10:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They put moniters on your belly and measure the baby's heartbeat in relation to contractions or to movement.
    kris.aguilar

Answer by kris.aguilar at 10:36 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You go get all comfy in the hospital bed, they hook you up to the electrinic fetal monitering belts, and then leave you alone in the room for awhile (probably about an hour). During that time, you can watch TV or whatever. They give you a little button to push every time you feel the baby move. With the monitors, they can watch how they baby's heartrate is responding to either his/her own movements and/or your contractions (if you're having any). It's not at all painful, but I got bored sitting there. If you have anyone who can go with you, it will probabaly make the time go a little faster.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 1:16 PM on Feb. 18, 2009