Does anyone use the E85 gas?

We just got a new minivan have never had one! Its flex fuel! just wondered if anyone acutally uses it

teeg1

Asked by teeg1 at 12:09 AM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Travel

• Our Tahoe take it. We'e used it when we can find it if the price is the same or cheaper then unleaded.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:31 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I would if I could, but none of my vehicles are new enough.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 12:49 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• My dad bought a flex fuel truck, but he doesn't use the option because he says it gets less mileage, making E85 more expensive in the long run. I have no idea if it's true or not, but that's his story.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• We used it once when we first bought our car (flex fuel). We got significantly less gas mileage and it just isn't worth the little bit less you pay for it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• My other van used it & I wish my current one did. The only time I noticed a difference or slow down in the gas mileage was when I was getting close to an oil change. Other than that, I filled up once a week as usual, it burned cleaner & saved me money. The hard part if finding stations who carry E-85. And it's not good for the engine to keep switching back & forth.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Hubby used it for a while in his car. Lower gas mileage so we had it figured out how much cheaper it had to be to balance cost vs car ran better. BUT our mechanic told us that it will sludge up at low temperatures, so for us here in it is a no go in the winter, he finally just gave up.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 9:46 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Thanks everyone!!
    teeg1

Comment by teeg1 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2013