Grocery shopping for the week for $25!!!

Well, I did it! I had $25 to buy groceries this week and I did it!
Grocery store gave me a coupon in the mail for $6 off an order of $25 or more. And one for a free 2 liter of their brand soda.
1 gallon of milk- $4.00
a dozen eggs- $2
2 pack of oven stuffer chickens on sale for- $4!!!
Bunch of bananas- $1.50
Bunch of grapes- $3
Bag of apples- $3
Pretzels for DH to snack on- $2.50
Liter of soda- Free
Flour- $2
Yeast- $2
3 bags of frozen veggies- $3
Total- $27 take away the $6, $21
Went to the Dollar Store and got 1 6 pack of Ramen Noodles for $1
I sometimes make Spagetti with them, so I bought 2 cans of tomato sauce $1
(I also use the leftover beef flovor to make broth for dumplings!)
and 3 packs of Macaroni and cheese for $1
and a pack of doughnuts for snacks For $1

Is that frugal or what!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• Damn girl you did wonderful I am so proud of you.

Now send some of those good shopping habits this way...LOL (And the food)...lol

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:23 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• That's awesome, I only had $50 to get through this past week on but I think I did pretty good at paring down our usual $150 bill! Thank the grocery stores for those coupons eh?
    Kudos momma you done good!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Good golly molly... You rock mama...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I guess, no veggies, processed foods. I suppose if 25 dollars is all you have.

We go through 2 gallons a milk a week! What meals do you plan to make with this?

Sometimes we don't grocery shop at all during the week bc we have enough. I was under the impression by this post that you actually BOUGHT a weeks worth of food for 25 dollars
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• what is your family size?
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Nice going!!!!
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thats pretty good. Youre lucky you can survive on that much. I have a huge family and my teens would run through the ramen in a day LOL.

Answer by gemgem at 10:51 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• that same with me ......gemgem.
    4kids1970

Answer by 4kids1970 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• It a family of 3. DH, DD and I. DD is 2. I m a SAHM. This is a weeks worth of groceries for us.
    Since the anonymous poster obviously cannot read, I bought 3 bags of frozen veggies, which we eat as side dishes with our meals and I add to the macaroni and cheese and ramen noodles.
    Yes, $25 is all I have. We are struggling. I would rather my child eat as much fresh as we can give her, but I allso dont want her to starve so I HAVE to buy the cheaper foods.
    Breakfast, she eats an egg and fruit, I have enough of each for more than 7 days.
    I do the ramen noodles or mac and cheese for our lunches. So I have 9 total lunches.
    I cut the 2 chickens in half, making 4 meals from that. Chicken and dumplings with peas. baked chicken.
    Whatever is leftover I will make chicken salad with the bread I make with the flour and yeast.
    I also add leftover chicken to the mac and cheese.
    Snacks are fruit for DD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• And I may even give her a little of the doughnuts and pretzels!!!
    DH and I will eat our snacks and the soda is a rare treat in our house. I drink water that comes from the sink and I filter with the water filtration thing I have and DD drinks water and milk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Feb. 18, 2009