How to make a captain america shield cake?

My DS b-day Party is Friday, he wanted a scobby doo cake so I ordered that but his actually b-day is Monday and I found a cute little captain america cake topper and was going to make a mini cake for his actual b-day. My plan was to make a small round cake look like his shield then put the topper on top but I am lost on how to make one. Every cake I've looked at for instructions has fondant or tons of candy sprinkles but I don't want to use tons of candy sprinkles because frosting alone is too sweet.

Any suggestions? Also any one know a better thing to use that's easy to work with and not as sweet instead of frosting?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Place the icing in one of those bags with the pipette tips and do it the LONG way. So it looks like this

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• You can do marshmallow fondant, perhaps?
    (you can Google to find a recipe or tutorial you prefer)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• well, most people don't actually eat the fondant anyway- they just pull it off...

whipped cream icing maybe?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:26 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• check stores like Michael's and even Wal Mart, see if they have sugar sheets. That's what I'm using to make my dd's zebra cake.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Here's what you need

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 1, 2013