• No one knows what this "god" wants. If you claim to know you are a liar.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I would like to know where in the bible does it say transgender is bad? Where does it say one can not change their sex?

That question is for anonymous

What makes a Christian Anonymous? Judgmental assholes? He is probably a better Christian then most that claim to be Christian.

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Funny thing - if the GLBT people were really so evil or tools of Satan, then surely it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to join a church successfully, let alone lead one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• It's not my place to judge but I would only question why he felt it necessary to share his story as it's no one's business.

Where I grew up, there was one of those trendy churches with a house band that was massively into targeting high school kids. The average age of the congregation couldn't have been over 17. The pastor was a recovered meth and coke addict. That's really nobody's business but his own, far more under the dirty laundry category than someone's sexual orientation, but he revealed it to his congregation. As you might expect, some parents had a hissy and forbid their kids from going back. Some of the kids opened up to him about their drug use and he started having meetings for them.

There's no telling how many GLBT congregants may have passed through the church the OP describes. If revealing the truth allows him to provide help to even one person who was struggling, that's all the reason he needs.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Nice of Anon to take a direct quote from the comments section without giving credit, unless you are Richard Crumb? Stealing is not following a direct command from God.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I think that if he found a community that accepts him as he is, that's great. I don't think any religion/community should be forced or bullied into doing the same if it goes against their beliefs. The beauty about living in pluralistic societies is that we can always find our "niche" and a place to belong.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Oh, and I disagree that there is any such teaching that God intends us to be the gender we end up as - biology determines that.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• The man is not a Christian in any sense of the word for he does not follow the commands of God. He is not witnessing to the truth that God has revealed to us in regards to man and woman. I am not saying that we are to throw him to the proverbial wolves, but he is not to be a minister for he does not reach the level of a minister as outlined for us in God's word. I am not speaking of his salvation that is between him and God, but as a person who has transgendered is not fit to lead any Christian.
    Anonymous

• I guess I don't understand why everybody wants to let everybody else know their sexual preference. I don't care if this guy changed genders, but as a preacher, he kind of went against the religious beliefs. I think the fundamental teaching is that you are born male or female and God kind of wants you to stay that way. I know that, in the general public, being religious has become a bad thing, but this guy is part of the church. The world, it is changing. And please don't tell me this guy was happier after transgendering. He has carried that information around for many years. That couldn't have been easy either.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad that he has a church who accepts him - makes me proud to have membership with the Methodist church. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 1, 2013