Have you heard about what the Syrian rebels are doing? Maybe (!) we shouldn't be arming them.

http://reason.com/24-7/2013/06/30/syrian-rebels-behead-catholic-priest-cau

http://www.theglobaldispatch.com/syrian-rebels-behead-catholic-priest-francois-murad-to-cheers-photographers-and-chants-of-allahu-akbar-83733/

The rebels have reportedly beheaded a Catholic priest while onlookers cheered.  I understand the feeling of urgency to do something to stop the current Syrian government's violence against its own people, but I don't think it is wise to send arms to a group with ties to the Muslim brotherhood.

I'm starting to thnk that we need to just learn our lesson and stop trying to intervene in the politics of the M.E.  It never seems to turn out well.crying mini

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 1:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah, they seem to be a fan of beheading. Recall Danny Pearl and countless others. It's the shock value. Sad and sick but they've got nothing to lose.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I think arming any group known for that kind of violence, no matter what side they happen to be on, is a bad idea. Wen is America going to learn that no amount of guns and money from this country will ever settle the ancient disputes in that part of the world?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Fucking barbaric animals. I'm guessing that this administration has a super good reason for getting involved. I just don't know what that reason is.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• We shouldn't have anything to do with Syria.

marymargret

Answer by marymargret at 2:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2013