Another tree broke/fell in our backyard :(

It's one part of a huge Cherry tree that grew in a "V" from the base. I just went out to do some weeding & saw it cracked & fell on top of my fence. The fence is actually holding it up. I am so upset that now I have to spend money on crappy trees! I have to remove the whole thing since it looks rotted at the bottom on the other side too. I estimate it's going to cost $400. I called & they are coming tomorrow to remove it. This is the 5th tree that's broke or fallen since last spring :P

Question: Do you feel like you constantly have to pour money into things around the house just for maintenance & it never ends? Grrrrr....

I'm having a sucky week.

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Since last summer we have this issue too with the trees falling in our yard.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Yep. If you are a home owner, it is always something !
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• No falling trees yet, thank goodness. But I get that about pouring money into home maintenance. We're having issues with the upstairs drains right now, and with a leaking patio roof.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• UGH!!! We are under a tornado warning right now...in MA of all places!! Hope we don't get one... way too many trees near my house!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Yes, the maintenance of any house is constant or else you loose your initial investment in it....it sucks but it is a must do!

Answer by older at 3:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I can't even begin to tell you how much we've had to do to our house since we've lived here. Thousands of dollars for a new roof, furance & A/C, electrical, etc. It's always something! We just got an estimate for $850 to just have branches removed that are growing & hanging over power lines leading up to our house & some that are touching our new roof! If you live in the NW OH area, I want an estimate from your guy! He's cheaper.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• No trees falling, but we did have a huge branch fall today. I heard it cracking, and thought it was above where my boys were playing. I wanted to yell, "Come here, NOW!" but just could not make my mouth work. I was so relieved when it turned out to be further out and not near them at all. I nearly cried.

For me, it's not home maintenance that costs me an arm and a leg. It's car maintenance. I just got a letter today that I have to take my car in so they can fix something that *might* cause problems. I'm just glad they're doing it at no charge.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Stay safe Crafty!
    ILovemyPaulie

Comment by ILovemyPaulie (original poster) at 3:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I completely feel your pain OP! We had a gigantic "hanger" a couple of months back, a v notch where half broke off and got wedged 20 feet up! The upside is DH found a friend of his that is building up a new landscaping and tree business and he took care of it and all of the crap leftover from the winter. SCORE! Because I was at my wits end trying to burn that stuff. He brought in a chipper and it was done. It was worth the money.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2013