What would you do? I'm SO annoyed!!

My son is attending ESY through the month of July (he started today). Because it's not his "home" school I requested transportation to and from school each day when I filled out and signed the registration forms back in May. I was told I'd be receiving info in the mail about his bus route. When I still hadn't heard anything by Friday I called and was told in their system is says I did not request transportation (yes I did, I'm not stupid) but they couldn't locate the actual forms and to call back Monday (today). So I called back and they said they located the forms, and that it says it is checked "no transportation" but that all of the original information I had filled out is crossed out and "x"ed and they don't know why, but at this point it's too late to try and get transportation. I am PISSED that someone crossed out what I wrote and and put something else WITHOUT my permission. I want copies of these forms, but what am I supposed to do then? All the lady kept saying was "I don't know what to tell you". I'M SO PISSED!!

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 3:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Special Needs

• Go over her head. Speak to her boss, the principal, or whoever can give you an answer why this happened and you were not informed.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I don't even know who crossed it out though. It was filled during an IEP meeting at his preschool which isn't the same school he's attending for ESY. I'm assuming this is then a district issue but not like the superintendent himself could/would do anything about it.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I would be calling who ever ran the IEP meeting, or their boss if they have left for the summer, and raise holy hell!!! The super can certainly have someone fix it but you HAVE to be the squeaky wheel!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Yeah, they'd be figuring out a way to provide transportation & adhere to the IEP or I'd be threatening to call all the local news stations & newspaper. Trust me, no school wants that kind of publicity. Someone will make sure it's handled. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Before you get too worked up, are you able to take him yourself? If you have access to transportation and are able, call the director again and ask nicely if it is possible to arrange transportation. YOu may simply not be entitled for some reason and there's no point in making an issue. If you are unable to transport him, call and explain that situation to them and ask how they can make sure he received the services he's entitled to.

I really enjoy the time we spend in the car going to our out of town SEP. You may as well if you can.
    whoodathunk

Answer by whoodathunk at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2013