Ordered first and last name on school clothing labels and just got school packet that says first initial and last name.....

I just spent 40 bucks (crazy I know but they were strongly recommended by the school uniform store that you just peel, stick and they don't come off in wash or anything) last week ordering clothing labels for all my son's school uniform stuff for his first year at private school this fall and today I get an info packet with more info about school uniform than they ever gave us before... It says to label all clothing with child's first initial and last name.... Am I okay with his full first and last name or do I need to reorder the clothing labels????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in General Parenting

• Can you call the company and ask them to change the order?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:21 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• see if you can exchange
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I'd just use what you have... I don't see what the big deal is honestly.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Unfortunately the order just shipped today.... It is to go inside of his clothing (shirts and pants) so I kinda don't see the big deal either- no one will see it. I think I am just not wanting to mess anything up for him before he starts a new school.... But guess at least the stuff will be labeled- better labeled with too much info than not labeled at all....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I would call the school and politely ask them if their is a reason they ask for things to be labeled specifically like that and explain the situation. You can decide what you need to do from there.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I'd leave it as it is. The labels are inside the clothes, an beyond that, who's really going to care?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Should be fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• They will be fine. The school has no right to look inside his clothing for his name unless he loses something, I. Which case it will be easy for him to figure out what is his.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• It's on the inside? Then they (the school) have nothing to complain about. Why didn't you save the $40 & just use a sharpie?

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I would use what you have.
    My guess is that they want to be able to identify clothing is need be, but they also do not want your child endangered by using the first name. Some one could see the name tag with the first name and call them by name. This is more likely with the name on the book bag.

Name recognition is one of the ways we determine if someone is a friend or a foe.

I would not worry about it. If they do fuss you could take a marker though all but the first letter in the first name.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2013