The response from the powers that be to the latest suggestion- they need our help-so please do your part

Thank you for the suggestion. I personally haven't seen any more troll/spammy accounts using a Facebook login versus signing up for CafeMom the regular way. If you see anything, though, please report it.
Answer by Cafe BTC 2 hours ago

^^^^This was in response to the post about making people be members of CM instead of being able to come on thru FB to comment or post. So I guess it's up to us!

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/1342781/HEY_CM_Another_suggestion

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I agree with fiatpax about linking to a signup page to post in answers. That seems pretty normal for other sites.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Ballad your screen reader might not pick up on it, but it will say "Susie X." in Bold with the facebook logo next to the name. They don't make actual CM accounts, there's no profile page, but somehow they do level up and earn points.
    The latest one was the "maggot potato girl" if that gives you a reference.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• ?
    so we are to report the FB questions that are just troll like

my question is Why can random people go through facebook straight into answer section
    the site should (ideally) bring them to a sign up page first to come into answers
    imo
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• And if they want our input so badly, why couldn't they see that everyone on your post agreed with you 100%... does that make us all stupid? I hardly think so. Maybe they need to actually take their heads out of their butts and listen to what we say.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:47 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

• yup
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:03 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I apologize for my ineptitude, but how do we tell who has an account like that, and what do we do about it?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I see nothing wrong with helping out. Cafe BTC seems to be our go-to person now in Answers for the changes/modifications we've been asking for. If CM is finally listening to us about things we'd like to see differently here, I'm all for helping out if they need our help with this one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I get being able to visit the Stir, or play games via facebook, but I am pretty sure you can't get into most groups, join etc. Why can't we be a real group? One that has invites and stuff just like others?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 6:58 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Also, after reading the rotten potato question and the debate that ensued, I doubt too many FB posters will come up with a second question anyway, lol.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• That's total BS. I reported that particular question twice.... to no avail.

That was a total spam account.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:44 AM on Jul. 2, 2013