Went to my prenatal today

Just got back from my prenatal appointment, and my OB told me im measuring 35 weeks, but from my first ultrasound around 5 weeks stated that im due august 17th. which would only make me 33 weeks pregnant.

Beacause im measuring bigger, does this mean there is a chance ill have my baby a little earlier?

I also got my cervix checked and the cervix is shortening its 2 inches instead of 3 . she says im soft but im not effaced and not dilated.

is having sex without a condom a bad idea? due to the hormones in the seamen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Did you ask your midwife these questions?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• she was wicked busy, and fit me in today, so my visit was very quick
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Sex without condoms should be fine. Your baby could be born at any time. Some people go early. I was measuring right for my estimated delivery date with my DD and I had her almost three weeks early, although the nurses were saying that they thought she was full term because of the wrinkles in her hands and feet. She was a normal size.
    I would think the bigger concern for measuring large would be that if you don't go into labor and the baby keeps growing they might think the baby's size could pose delivery problems, so sometimes they will discuss inducing before the due date. Don't think much about it now. She is just making sure you know that things are progressing.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:29 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• she was saying that seamen can soften the cervix pretty fast. and she thinks i should take it easy.

which to me means she doesnt want me having this baby too early, because there is a chance i can thinn out quickly, because im soft
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• You had a regularly scheduled appointment and she rushed you through and did not give you a chance to ask your questions?
    I would not put up with that.
    To answer your question you could deliver earlier or you may deliver later. The baby determines when it wishes to be born and it is best to let nature take its course
    To answer your other question. Have you been having sex all through your pregnancy? Were you instructed to use a condom?
    If the answer is no you have not been having sex but want to now to "move things along" that is a bad idea without talking to the midwife. If the answer is yes then go ahead. Whatever the answer to the second question was, continue following those instructions.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Ultrasound is just a GUESS. Plus sometimes people measure bigger then when they are due
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:52 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Seamen work on boats
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• If she sounded concerned about it then use a condom until she tells you differently.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Due dates can be off two weeks either way so you're still good there. If she said take it easy on sex then do so.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2013