I have morning sickness so bad it's hArd to eat or drink any tips

I can only get Down a bottle maximum two bottles of water a day and the only thing I've been able to eat food wise is crackers or baked potatoes. Any suggestions on how to help

Rockabella

Asked by Rockabella at 5:36 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Pregnancy

• have you talked to your doctor?
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Small meals and healthy snacks throughout the day.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I got put on Prylosec even during my pregnancy because I couldn't eat, and I've stayed on it since then. Also, try yogurt or chocolate pudding. I subsisted on those and mashed potatoes for eons in early pregnancy.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Whether you can keep the water down or not you have to drink water and 2 glasses is not enough.
    How long have you had morning sickness? (How far along are you)
    Have you spoken to your GYN about this?
    Stay away from spice and oil for a little while. If you drink diet, stop.
    reduce any salt intake.
    Be sure you take the vitamins.
    Morning sickness does not usually last all that long and as long as you get the water and vitamins reducing food consumption is not a bad thing.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:42 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I would talk to your OB. A good friend of mine was having morning sickness so bad she had to go in and get fluids then they gave her a medication to help her with the nausea. It made her sleepy but she was able to eat and more importantly DRINK!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I have been trying to drink as much water as I can I'm six weeks approx. I had insurance problems but got them straightened out today so I should be able to call tomorrow and see If I can get in soon. Last time I was prescribed zofran which helped, I have six left from last time but they are nine months expired so I'm not going to take them incase they would cause problems
    Rockabella

Comment by Rockabella (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Medications do not "expire", they just lose effectiveness after their "expiration" date.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2013