Man takes 2 y/o hostage at a Walmart- it doesn't end well for the hostage taker adult content

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/us/2013/07/01/early-pkg-brown-walmart-hostage-baby.cnn#/video/us/2013/07/01/early-pkg-brown-walmart-hostage-baby.cnn

So glad the little girl is fine (except for having to see her hostage taker get his head blown off)

Your thoughts?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I saw it as it happened, my heart went to my throat when I saw him pick up the little girl, holding a knife to her throat!! they really had no choice but to shoot him...she won't remember but that mom certainly will....

Answer by older at 7:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• we saw this on the local news when it happened...the way the news was telling it, they made it sound like the cop who shot him did something wrong! DH & i were both like "hell no! knife to a kids throat, die muthafucker!!" yeah, we were pissed at how the news station handled it.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• At 2 I am sure she will forget, but even if she hadn't it isn't the most traumatic thing, it is tramautic but it is much better then being held for hours or days. To know that those who cared for her protected her and that the man cannot harm her would be good.

But odds are she will not remember any of it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I did not watch the video because DS is sitting right beside me but based on what everyone has said... I am glad the man is no longer able to hurt anyone else and I am glad the little girl is safe. She may forget the actual even but I wonder if she will have long term issues with strangers... ? Poor girl!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• The guy was obviously mentally ill... not sure how I feel about us executing mentally ill people, but on the other, more important hand... Fuck that guy, I am so glad that baby is okay.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 7:00 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I saw this and was horrified! I am so glad that tot is OK. It made me think of a question long ago where someone was asking how close to your cart or kid do you stand in a grocery store...I'm thinking really, really, really, close after that and even then is it close enough when someone is just batsh*t crazy.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:41 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Glad the fucker is dead and I hope the little girl forgets what happened.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Jesus! I hope the poor little girl has no memory of what happened.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Good shootin tex!! lol I remember reading about this though back in June. It happen on June 18th. Wonder what took so long to get this story out?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• WOW.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 6:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2013