Singulair question. Advice needed.

My 6 yr old was just diagnosed with exercise induced asthma. The doctor prescribed singulair pills once a day. How many of you have experience with singulair. Was it a good experience or bad? I have heard mixed reviews. Some people tell me their kids had personality side effects, but others say no side effects. So what's your take on singulair?

Hartbrayka

Asked by Hartbrayka at 10:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Health

• My daughter was on it for 2 years with no negative side-effects at all. It helped her a great deal. Eventually the doctors slowly reduced her medications so that she isn't on so many steriods. She no longer takes the singular and only uses the 100/50 Advair instead of the 250/50. She is doing very well and rarely has symptoms.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I take Singulair. In myself I see no "side effects". I can definately tell a difference in my breathing if I miss a day or two though. My asthma is also induced by activities, or stress for that matter.
    Did you question your doctor about possible side effects? Or simply ask the pharmacist, they should be able to give you unbiased answers.
    GOOD LUCK!
    frasermom23

Answer by frasermom23 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My daughter took it when she was 12 and my friends daughter was taking it since she was 8 she is now 10. They both had no side effects. Hope this helps a little.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 18, 2009