FYI- Or did I forget about ammonia and bleach?

I put it on the lady's question asking about the maggots, isn't it ammonia and bleach that can make lethal fumes? If I am wrong, I need to delete.
If I am wrong what are the 2 cleaning products you are never supposed to mix? I don't want to kill us on accident, LOL!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 7:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Home & Garden

• yes those should NOT be mixed! Why did that not occur to me when I read the question!?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Yes, that's what makes mustard gas.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• theyre never to be mixed
    and But_Mommie you didnt think about it because the "question" was so incoherent you may have assumed she used
    bleach, ammonia not bleach AND ammonia
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• you're correct... that shit can be lethal!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Yeah, that's a big No-No. Since she said it was in her garage, hopefully her garage is not attached to her house & can be easily aired out. I remember reading the book "The Boy Called IT" and his mother did that to him & locked him in the bathroom. How that poor child survived the constant torture of his abusive mother is beyond me- but that's a whole other story. Sorry, not trying to derail. :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• nope never!!!
    MommyLehr

Answer by MommyLehr at 8:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I had that happen to me as well, in an enclosed shower ina basement bathroom. It will definitely make you beg for your next breath. Those two substances should be kept well away from each other.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:57 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• You should not combine any cleaning products but ammonia and bleach are definitely bad news.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:46 AM on Jul. 2, 2013