How can i reproduce my milk again?

My daughter is almost 4 months old and i stopped breastfeeding when she was about a month old because she wouldnt latch on. After she was born she was sent straight to the NICU because she aspirated fluids into her lungs so i couldnt breastfeed, i had to pump and she got use to the bottle and wouldnt latch on. But out of curiosity i tried recently and she will latch on now but im dried up. I would really like to breastfeed my daughter so i really need some advice here. Please and thank you!

brandybaby1994

Asked by brandybaby1994 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to talk to your OB/Gyn or a lactation specialist. I know there's a way, b/c of the existence of wet nurses. GL

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• There is absolutely a way to build up a new supply! it will take a lot of effort and patience though. Check out Kellymom.com for more info and def. look into a lactation consultant to guide you though the process!

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Also check out La Leche League, which you can go online to find groups in your local area and www.motherlove.com. Best of luck to you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:51 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Oh, also search on CM, because I know there's a very active group for nursing moms where you'll get good advice. I wish I had known about it when my daughter was born. I haven't joined it, but there's a member here who has, and who offers very practical tips. I hope she'll see your question when she comes on tonight, so here's a bump.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Thanks for the referral, Ballad! OP, I'm one of the mods on the breastfeeding moms group. You can find the link via my profile.

Also Google relactation. You'll find lots of info on line.

Warning: If you're on estrogen birth control you need to get off it immediately. Estrogen is a known supply killer.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:14 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• It is called relactating and it is absolutely possible but it takes a lot of time and dedication.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• drink tons of water, pump, pump some more and then just keep pumping all the time, try to nurse as often as possible, definitely talk to a lactation consultant. kudos to you for wanting whats best for your lil one and good luck :)
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2013

• Definitely talk to a lactation consultant. You are going to need a hospital grade pump to use every 2 hours and every 3 hours overnight. Make sure to get a dual pump. Your health insurance should cover all of this. Once you are pumping, you can use herbs to increase production. Currently I use Breastea and malunggay leaf capsules and I've seen a very large output in my milk supply. You can get the tea online, the site is the same name. It has helped a lot.
    bigmamaisback

Answer by bigmamaisback at 10:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2013