Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

TMI question. adult content

I have had really bad incontinence since my youngest was born 3 years ago. It seems to be getting worse. I have tried 3 different medications. None of them are helping! Do you have any ideas what I can do to make this stop. I am 24(this month) and I can not walk, stand, sit, laugh, cough, or sneeze without peeing myself a little. It is extremely embarrassing.

Answer Question

Asked by MommyLehr at 9:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Health

Level 4 (54 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • Have you tried PT for this?? I used to work in a Hospital based PT clinic and one of our PT's treated this. It involved bio-feedback and some VERY specific exercises (way more than kegals).

    Answer by Crafty26 at 9:32 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

  • I did not even know that was an option... my doctor just keeps trying different medications.

    Comment by MommyLehr (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

  • Google "pessary". Talk to your Dr. about it. My Sisters MIL has it & it works. GL!

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:37 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

  • Have you tried kegals? I've also heard there are more specific exercises and some include weights. I've also heard there is a surgery they can do to tighten things up.
    Seems strange that your dr is just pushing meds.
    I suffer from incontinence (I have 3 kids) and find myself having to do kegals as I sneeze, cough, laugh, etc. I keep telling myself that it will get better if I will just lose some weight.

    Good luck to you

    Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2013


    There's an app for that! Kegeltopia!
    Ben Wa Balls will add to your workouts as well. The smaller and heavier they are, the more work you have to do to keep them in. These are NOT the balls on a string, and not the ones in Fifty Shades where you're going to wear them to the masquerade ball!

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:10 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

  • Yup... PT is an option. They can help you learn to perform the Kegels effectively. All the medication in the world isn't going to help if it's muscular!! Here is some more info...


    Answer by Crafty26 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

  • Did they teach you something called a Kagel when you delivered or took you delivery classes?
    More than likely the muscles have not been strengthened enough to where they are the same or close to what they were before birth. This was standard back in the dark ages when I gave birth.
    When you say your doctor is giving you drugs do you mean your ob gyn or a urologist. A general practitioner will not really be able to help you like a specialist can.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:34 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • I was doing Kerala almost constantly for a year! My dr told me no amount of kegalsnwould help.

    Comment by MommyLehr (original poster) at 7:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • I was doing Kerala almost constantly for a year! My dr told me no amount of kegalsnwould help.

    That's because you are not engaging the correct muscles. You need the PT & the bio-feed back to work the correct muscles!!

    Answer by Crafty26 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • Why not see a urologist. I know that no amounts of kegels will help me since I have a dropped bladder and who knows what else.

    There is a suppository that's like a plastic tampon that you can use that helps. I often use a tampon if I have to be someplace that I just cannot have leaking. otherwise, I use poise pads.

    Answer by whoodathunk at 11:18 AM on Jul. 6, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN