French Press users - have you ever cold brewed in it?

Or anyone who cold brews, have you ever done very small batches (like 20 oz at a time). I'm fairly new to using a French Press (love it) and have never cold brewed at all.

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 10:04 PM on Jul. 1, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I cold brew every night in my FP. It is so much smoother for iced coffee! I use the same amount of coffee and water I would for boiling water before I go to bed and I press it in the morning. Perfection!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:25 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I have not done smaller cold brew batches, but I have done smaller batches hot. I eyeball the proportions and it usually comes out fine. (this is often when I am running out of coffee, lol)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• You leave it in the French press overnight? What? Tell me more...
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:46 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• This 92 year old lady I am friends with cold brews with an ancient device. I don't know how to describe it BUT I can tell you she'll dump in the coffee and water and let it sit two or three days. She'll store it in a glass juice jar, pour half a cup when desired and add like half a cup of boiling water to it. I'm a coffee snob and I must admit, it's delicious coffee! She uses Peet's or Stumptown coffee.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• I don't use a French press, but I do cold brew. I make a pound at a time about once a week, add about half an inch of cold concentrate to my cup, and put boiling water the rest of the way up. Best cup of coffee ever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:55 PM on Jul. 1, 2013

• Staci- it was mentioned on a couple sites when I googled how to use the fp, so I got curious because it's too hot for hot coffee right now. But yeah, use cold water and stick it in the fridge overnight.
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 1:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I don't even stick it in the fridge. :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 5:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2013