Im looking for some help. I have recently found out I am pregnant and I have no insurance. I have applied for medicaid and they say I make to much money. I know I can not afford to pay for the doctors visits and the delivery. any solutions? Im feeling a little hopless.

MommaHard

Asked by MommaHard at 10:44 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Been here before. With my first I had to pay out of pocket. I had 250 co-pay every visit plus lab fees. I, too, made too much for anything. BUT, I had insurance-just not maternity coverage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Have you looked into an individual policy with blue cross? I would get on that immediately before you go to the doctor about a pregnancy. Then maybe they won't try to claim it as pre-existing.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:48 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Short of fibbing there is nothing you can do. Try your local health department they might be able to suggest something
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 10:49 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• You said that Medicaid stated you make to much money. Are you self employed or working for a company. If you are self employed talk to the insurance company that insure your company and if you work for a company talk to HR. Some one should be able to help you.
    fabulousmom1

Answer by fabulousmom1 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• From what I have heard is that when you are pregnant you can get Medicaid easier then if you were not since now you can put 2 down for people in house. I am not sure though since I have never had to apply, but I think that is what my SIL did.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• There are a few companies that offer coverage for pregnancy only, I'm not sure what the names were but I've seen advertisements in various baby magazines, you might be able to find them online, good luck :)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 11:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Maybe a clinic for uninsured? We have a few here that charge a sliding fee based on your income when you don't have insurance or medicaid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i would talk too your local l&d hospital they may have a program that can help you out i know here where i am they have all kinds of different things for moms who can't get medicaid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• http://www.pregnancyinsurance.org/1-800-570-4873/ go there or call the number they should be able to help- good luck i hope this helps!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Hi, check into your local Department of Human Services. They provide medical (not medicade) as well as food stamps & financial. You can find the number in the phone book. I hope this helps.
    Anonymous