How possible is it to get pregnant with 1 1/2 of your ovaries?

I was pregnant but miscarried and my doctor found what he thought was a cyst on my left ovary. It ended up being a tumor and he had to remove 1/2 of my left ovary. Nothing else was removed..I still have my tubes and my uterus. I was wondering after I heal how soon can I start trying to get pregnant again? How easy will it be since 1/2 of the left ovary has been removed. I know I can still get pregnant, but I was wondering how soon can I get pregnant. Should I take the fertile pills in order to help the process?
I go back to my doctor for my 2 week check up next week and I want to get the pills but what do you think?

AprilT1975

Asked by AprilT1975 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Its very possible. I had an ectopic and during surgery they removed on tube and one ovary. I had two kids after that.

Answer by gemgem at 10:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• How long have you been trying?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I have all my ovaries still and it has been over 14 months since I started TTC after my MC. I think that you can't really put a time frame on when you will get pregnant again.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Gegem and Anonymous, I am crying. This is my first time asking a question and to have you two answer me before I get off line is very touching. Thank you.
    I am still on bed rest from the operation.
    Thank you Gemgem I am so glad to hear that.
    Have a great day.
    AprilT1975

Answer by AprilT1975 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• My SIL had 2 m/c and 1 tubal. (all in the same year after her 2nd was born) 1 tube was removed and she had 2 healthy babies later off 1 tube. I wish you luck and a speedy recovery. I know things like this bring so much heartache. I was told to wait 3 months after I m/c for emotional healing. Your doctor can tell you how long because of your surgery. I had the D&C. If I would have had my first, my SIL's youngest would have only been 1 month under mine. It was hard to hold her baby.

BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thank you so much!! I go to my doctor next week and I will give you an update on what he says.
    Thank you again.
    AprilT1975

Answer by AprilT1975 at 5:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Just went to see my Doctor today and he told me I can start back getting pregnant in 4 weeks!! That is wonderful. I was so happy.
    Thank you all for your answers and I will keep you posted.....I will rename it with something like...I'm prehnant NOW!! :)
    Thank you
    AprilT1975

Answer by AprilT1975 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2009