how much money should i start out with at my yard sale

kitty89410

Asked by kitty89410 at 9:35 AM on Jul. 2, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I alw√†ys start with at least 70 in cash. ( mostly, ones, fives, tens) and ten dollars in silver change.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I say $30
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:39 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I start off with at least $100. Roll of quarters, and the rest in ones and fives. We live out further and to send someone after change is not easy on a Saturday. I'd much rather have to much then not enough. The reason I only have one's and five's is I can always give someone 2 fives for change but if they only need 1 five and I only have a ten I'm sunk.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:00 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I usually start off with $50, mostly in 1s and 5s and about $10 in change. it really depends on how much stuff you're selling. lots of small items require more change.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:15 AM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I start off with $100. Lots of ones & fives! Few tens! And $10 in coins! I have a lock box that opens with a key & has all the different compartments for money. I always use a bike lock to attach the handle of the box to the pole my table sits by. Carry the key in your pocket. People see you talking with someone & you'd be surprised how many are tempted to go for the box
    usmcwifey222

Answer by usmcwifey222 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2013