Dreams

I had a dream a few nights ago that when I brought my daughter home the first night she never woke up in the middle of the night. In my dream when I woke up I freaked out that I did not hear her and I slept though her crying. I am a light sleeper but now I am worried that this could happen to me. I have had this dream twice.
Does anyone have suggestions or can relate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• be4lieve me honey, you will wake up at every little sound she makes. Im a very heavy sleeper, but when my son cries at night, im wide awake. congrats btw!
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• lol. I was so worried with my first daughter that I put a moniter by my head even though she was in the same room with me :) Don't worry though, you will wake up everytime she sighs. :)
    kris.aguilar

Answer by kris.aguilar at 11:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• i know about them crazy dreams lol i have some of the weirdist ones and its just your hormones and likejessica said you will hear every little sound she makes nothing to worry about!!! good luck
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Don't worry about it. There is some sort of hormonal thing that goes on between you and your newborn...you'll hear the baby (even sometimes when it isn't making any noise). Your baby's cry will get to you like nothing else ever has before. It is an amazing thing really. It doesn't happen with other people's babies...only your own. Strange dreams are common during pregnancy. I kept having the most vivid dreams that my husband died...in all sorts of different ways. So realistic. Urgh. Shivers.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 18, 2009