If you believe that SS relationships or marriage is wrong.....

for religious reasons, why can't some apply this to their own lives instead of wanting to apply it to everyone else? You don't agree? don't do it!

Asked by older at 12:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2013 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Exactly

LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• good question
    I guess thier logic is that they are trying to save the world from going to Hell...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Are you trying to draw the troll out of her hole? ;)
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Older, you're trying to apply common sense to people who are woefully lacking in it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

Answer by JulieJacobKyle

She makes me miss the DownVote button...sigh
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

She missed - overshot and landed on my question instead. And yet she accuses me of following her around...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• "So as long as the religious believe the GLBT lifestyle is a sin, unnatural, and causes harm to others,"

The sad thing is that the Christian persecution complex makes them THINK it "causes harm" when it doesn't. Abortion I can halfway understand because it DOES end a life (not starting a debate about that, lol, I'm all for working together towards promoting prevention and not arguing over abortion itself or fighting to make it illegal), but other than "not wanting to see it," marriage equality or LGBT doesn't actually effect anyone.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• "Right, but remember two things: 1) they think being gay is a choice, so they must protect their children from learning this behavior is normal and will therefore could become gay at any moment, and 2) the notion that the world at large needs to be saved. The bible tells them to go spread the word. " ~ anng.atlanta

The Bible tell them to spread the word, but not shove it down your throat by insisting that everyone live by it be it a follower or not.
    ******
    but they REALLY do see it as "saving" others/the world -not so much as shoving it down someone's throat
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Like a moth to the flame!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• ^^^Lost- I love that post! I couldn't agree more. I wish people could just wake up & smell the communion wine! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2013