To use our automated answer phone, please press 5 at any time............to use..

AAARRRGGGGHH!

I've been sitting on hold now for over 20 minutes. I'm either crazy or stupid at this point.

Mid May I signed up for a food card, at the nagging of my hubby. A month later the jackass lost it. So, to save his ass I went in and asked for a replacement. It's still not here and we're HUNGRY!

I"m sitting on hold waiting for someone to answer so I can find out how much longer until we get the replacement card. As things stand right now, it probably would have been faster to just drive my ass there and ask (15 minute drive to the office).

Had anyone else been stuck in a situation like this?

I don't know what category this one goes into.....Other would be nice.

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 3:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Oh I hate being put on hold, stayed on hold for 45 mins once to get a car insurance quote, i really thought the dude had just left me to go and have his lunch, and then the he hung up! I was furious!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 3:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I sat on hold for nearly an hour today for a call. What really drove me nuts was the automated system would say "Enter your ______" and then when I would, it would say "I'm sorry, I didn't understand that" for EVERY thing! Then, the second time, it would understand it but then go "Let me make sure I have that right. You said _______" I finally got to the point where when it told me it didn't understand that, I yelled at it "You don't understand anything, you moron!" My kids looked at me like I was crazy. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• http://gethuman.com/phone-number/

Index of phone numbers and/or key combinations that get you to a live person without wading through menus.  If it's something i can't find on there, I press and hold the 0 button until the system can't handle it and sends me to an operator.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I hate it when that happens. I sat on hold with the Social Security Administration for most of an afternoon once, and then at four o'clock, the recorded voice told me that the offices were closed for the evening, but I was welcome to call with my request again on the next business day.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• EDIT: It was Mid-April when I signed up. It was Mid-May when he lost it.

DSHS switched to a new system/program for their addresses, and my apartment # got lost in translation. My card was sent, and returned because it couldn't be delivered. While at the office for other stuff that I didn't qualify for, they got a supervisor to approve the reissue of a card today, because it was THEIR system that screwed up.

I still don't have a new EBT food card though.

Their system kept crashing all afternoon, and it didn't come up, or stay up, long enough to do the required stuff for me to get my card today.

*sigh* Technology HATES me. So, I have to go back tomorrow between 10:00am and 2:00pm to get my replacement. At least I don't have to wait another 7-10 business days for it to come in the mail.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Final Edit: Went back this morning and came home with a new card. Everyone was SO nice about everything. Much better than the last office I had to deal with. THEY were all rude, condescending, bitches. THIS office they all seem so sweet and willing to help.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Jul. 4, 2013