Why am I still fat?

Good Lord. I cut how much I eat. I am exercising more. I lost about 25 pounds in like 2 months and now nothing. I can't eat much less and I don't have time to exercise any more- well not regularly anyway. I had my hormone and thyroid levels checked last year.

I know I could eat leaner but I don't eat a lot. kwim?

Example:
yesterday:
breakfast: a cup of coffee w/ cream and a handful of blueberries
lunch: water- about a cup of spaghetti with meat sauce and 1/2 cup of peas and 1/2 a peach
snack: about 8 corn chips and about 6 oz. of apple juice
dinner: 1/2 a hamburger, about 1/2 a cup of baked beans, a whole cucumber w/ Italian Dresing

Today:
Breakfast: cup of coffee w/ cream and 1 slice of cheese toast
lunch:1/2 a ham sandwich (wheat bread and 2 slices of ham), about a 1/2cup of left over baked beans and an apple
snack: about 10 pretzels and about 6 oz. OJ
Dinner will be: 1/2 a chicken breast-grilled, asparagus and salad.

This is pretty average for me. Water all day except I have a little juice in the afternoon and that bad for me coffee in the AM but I do only have on cup!

I spend at least 30 minutes a day being active and I have a moderately physical Job. I started to loose weight when I started the Job. Since I am working that has cut my amount I am eating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• You may not be eating enough. Do you know how many calories you eat? If you don't eat enough, it can be as bad as eating too much when it comes to losing weight- because your body will hold onto every single calorie thinking it's starving.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I eat what I have time to eat. I work at a daycare so they provide my lunch and I eat what I am given. Breakfast I am just not hungry and dinner. I think I do pretty good. I am at work from 6:45-2:45 w/o a lunch break.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I'm wondering if you're getting enough in the morning to really "break the fast" of not eating all night. If you don't eat enough at the start of the day, your body never really kicks into calorie-burning mode, no matter how much you exercise.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• You need to balance the food you eat and cut the junk food.
    I just got back and I am having some more blood work done (sigh) she has found 4 of her patients that are similar to me in the last month have vitamin D deficiencies. Did you know that can increase you weight gain and obviously make it harder to lose? I didn't.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• yeah- sounds like you might not even be getting to 1200 a day... pretty much everyone needs more than that. Especially if you are geting any kind of physical activity at all.
    I eat about 1800 a day right now and I'm still losing (down ovr 60 lbs so far).

Try getting a couple hundred more calories a day in and see what happens- you could munch on nuts, cottage cheese...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Try avocado or nut butter on toast in the morning.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• There is always a stand still mode for every diet plan, you are probably stuck there now. Eat more calories and increase your burning of them, you will pass over that hump soon enough, don't give up!

Answer by older at 6:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Wow!! 25 pounds in 2 months, that's GREAT! However, I must tell you that your body is in shock and you are at a plateau right now. Contact me and I can give you more information on the subject. But, I will briefly tell you that your body needs a shock, it can't keep up with what you are doing. how many calories are you taking in, how much are you exercising?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• Kbishop is right you have plateau. Which means you have to change up your routine and incorporate some other foods. Also have more calories for breakfast. atleast 200-300 more. A great site to help you keep on track is myfitnesspal.com it tracks your calories. and how much you should be having for your weight/height and activity level. I think your'e not getting enough calories to burn now. And are you doing cardio? what's your excersise routine?
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2013

• You're not eating NEARLY enough food, mama! You're in starvation mode, and until you increase your caloric intake, you likely will have a very hard time breaking through it. You ought to check out the healthy weight loss group on here. We can really help you out! =)

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:19 PM on Jul. 5, 2013