Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


I applied for housing/section 8 when I was 19 years old. I forgot all about it until I got letter in the mail stating I was on top of the list. I went to my interview, and I had put my son, my sister, and my sons dad. Well, I'm not with my sons dad anymore, so I added my little brother. Then I took my sister off. Silly mistakes, because those changes almost caused me to lose my chance for housing. So I backtracked, and told them to keep sister on. So now it's me, my adult sister, little brother, and son. But now they're asking for. Proof that I have costudy of my little brother. There's no way to prove this, plus I have until Monday. Now, I want to go back up there tomorrow, and ask if I can take my little brother out, and add my big brother. I was going to say my little brother just decided not to move in with me last minute. Some excuse like that.

What do you think? Am I coming off as sketchy already? Think they will be okay with these changes. After all they have "add or remove member" papers.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2013 in General Parenting

Answers (18)
  • Yeah, it would sound pretty sketchy to me.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 8:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • You want to take off your little brother, but is he still planning to live with you? That will definitely cost you the housing if ou get caught.

    Answer by Ballad at 8:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • is your little bro going to live with you because your mom has a new BF?

    Answer by feralxat at 8:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • Yeah... is sketchy!! How is it that your little brother living with you is optional??

    Answer by Crafty26 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • Umm I don't get it, if those people are not going to be living with you then why have them on the paperwork?? Why do you need a fourth person??

    Yes it sounds sketchy. If you need paperwork for your little brother that is definately going to be living with you then I would guess you mother could fill out some type of paperwork or a letter of some kind stating that she is giving you temporary custody and that the child will be living with you.

    Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • How can you have all those people living in low income housing with you? Except for your kids?

    Answer by louise2 at 8:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • Sketchy
    and scamming the system

    can you explain why people are on and off list
    are you just adding people to get assistance?

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • Why aren't all these adults living under their own roofs? Why are you supplying housing for your older siblings? Why doesn't your little brother live with mom and dad.?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • Thank you Wendy for just answering the question. Lol

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

  • But is he living with you? If so just check with your state to see what you need to be granted temporary custody. Here all you need is a notarized statement form the custodial parent..

    Answer by But_Mommie at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.