Pregnancy

This is my friends issue. So her and her bf have been together about 1 1/2 and they planned on having a baby. Low and behold he breaks up with her and she finds out she is pregnant she tells him and he accuses her of lying he says he wants proof she said that is fine she has a note of confirmation from her DR. He tells her to send him a picture of it. She says no that he can come to her house and see it.

She wants it to stay private she doesn't want the picture going around or rumors flying I agree with my friend what do you all think?

AAP1988

Asked by AAP1988 at 8:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2013 in Health

• Picture of what? The note? If so who cares, why does she care so much what others say.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• She wants it to stay private she doesn't rumors flying

Yeah- because in about 5 months her pregnancy is going to be REAL private
    she got fucked and got pregnant. end of story. time for her to grow up and deal with it.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 8:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• I think he is an asshole
    and she owes him nothing
    he should step up and if he does not
    she should never go chasing after him to try to make him a man that he is not

she sounds strong
    and if he is a deadbeat, better to know now that later after she counts on him

is she prepared to raise a child on her own?

*** and tell her to give the child HER last name NOT his
    VERY VERY hard to get it changed after
    and impossible if child has 'fathers' last name and the deadbeat asshole will not sign name change papers even though he does zero for the child
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• She can make copies of her doctors note and ultrasound pic when she gets one and mail them to him. She does not need him to "come over". That makes her sound desperate. She should plan to be a single mom.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• she should not have to prove she is pregnant
    the ex can ask for DNA test after child is born
    and then he can start paying some CS

sounds like she needs to get it straight in her mind that she very well could be raising this child alone

maybe he will step up
    but asking for proof after year and a half- not a good start
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• what she should be saying is see you at the child support hearing in 9 months!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

IDK.
    If I was a guy who broke up with someone who suddenly became pregnant, I dont think I would believe them either. In fact I would get a DNA test
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• feral
    exactly

just being pregnant proves nothing if this man thinks this woman is screwing around

DNA test only way to prove

and...if he thinks she is making it up to get him back- well a big belly (or not) will prove that ploy
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• feralxat-She doesn't want him back...in fact she broke up with him and found out she is pregnant. She still doesn't want to be with him she just wants him to man up and take care of the child and be there for her through out the pregnancy.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2013

• She didn't screw around they were together for a year and a half and this child was planned. I told her not to plan a child with someone like him.
    AAP1988

Comment by AAP1988 (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2013